Thursday, November 12, 2015

Ballet Goody Bags!

My youngest daughter, Madison, has a ballet recital coming up and needed something to give her friends. Last year, we made really cute Frozen themed goody bags (you can see how to do it here), but this year we wanted to switch it up and make it "ballet themed!"




So in this goody bag we put five bobby pins with bows and roses (more about how to make that below) and a pink hairnet. I printed out a little label and stapled that on to the bag so her friends will remember that it's from Madison. I used a clear bag because it looks really cute that way, and I bought the hairnets from CVS although I bet Walmart sells them too (I tried Target but they didn't have any).

Okay so the bobby pins were not as easy to make as I anticipated. We got some of those mini roses from the craft store and used the wire that the roses were attached to and wrapped that around the bobby pins to secure it. I thought about leaving it like that for a while, but decided that it looked cuter with a bow. For the bow, I just tied it and secured it with some hot glue. I made 14 goody bags with 5 bobby pins in each bag, so this process was quite tedious and long. 

Let me know in the comments below if you try out this goody bag idea! Also, don't forget to follow this blog on bloglovin because there will be more posts as we get in to the holiday season!
-Gail
 

No comments:

Post a Comment